I was talking with a dear friend a few weeks ago about this and about how many people feel like they are in “survival mode”. This feeling is not only an individual experience, but it is also a shared phenomenon that appears to be deeply embedded in our human experience.
In what areas of your life do you feel that you are in “survival mode”?
When we are overly stressed and generally feel beaten down by the commitments, activities, engagements, relationships which we ourselves chose (yep, this is the hard pill to swallow—that we, at some level, chose ALL of what we are experiencing), it is nearly impossible to thrive….not totally impossible of course, as anything is indeed possible…..but pretty darn hard for most of us.
I say we try a little thriving for a change! We ALL desire it! Who among us does not want more joy, fun, excitement and love in their lives?
How about it? Would you like to thrive a little (or a lot!!!) today?
1. Press the “pause button” of your life…..just for 1 minute today (the longer you can “pause”, the better, but even one intentional minute of pausing will be helpful).
2. Take a look at the table above and pick one area of your health/life you feel is in total “survival mode”.
3. Become aware of the ways in which you merely “survive” (versus intentionally creating the experiences you actually want!).
4. Ask yourself: “What are you doing?”— and please hop on over the Belle Pirri’s page and beautiful PDF reminder on this.
5. Ask yourself, “How do I really want to feel?”—a very powerful question and one that science is now telling us dictates much of what we “experience” internally (and therefore externally!).
There is no external “magic pill” or short-cut solution to creating a life that feels “great” and “joyful” and “loving”.
You are the “magic”….but don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself. Surviving is so 20th Century! ……how about we do a little thriving today! (Yeah, I know it’s Monday—but we can do it!!!)